Wednesday 28 April 2010

Saraswati Devi

 
ॐ वाकदैव्यै च विद्महे कामराजाय धीमहि। तन्नो देवी प्रचोदयात्‌।
AUM Vaakdeviyai cha Vidhmahe
kaamraajaaya dheemahi
tanno devi prachodayaat.


Saraswati is the Goddess of the Arts, knowledge, and wisdom.  Saraswati means "the essence of the self"; the Sanskrit word sara means "essence" and swa means "self."  In Hindu mythology She is the divine shakti of Brahma, the Creator of the universe. Since knowledge is necessary for creation, Saraswati symbolizes the creative power inherent in each artist, student or teacher.

In the last few months my connection with this aspect of Shakti has deepened. She started manifesting more strongly during my stay in West Bengal, and keeps re-appearing through unexpected circumstances in my life.. Tonight after attending my Indian classical music lesson I realized once more the importance of Tantra sadhana.

 
(click on sanskrit to listen to her mantra)

 

 

1 comment:

Ompixie said...

Interesting post. I wasn't aware that Saraswati is the shakti of Brahma!